Well, here is a try-out of a video we taped about a week ago. I have made a video-movie before, using Adobe Premiere. That worked really well, so I tried again on my new notebook. This time Premiere causes me a lot of trouble – corrupted project files, errors connecting to the DV capture port, et cetera. However: long live the internet! I found solutions here and here for the project files problem. The other errors I can’t resolve, but they seem not to interfere with normal use.
This clip was made with Windows Movie Maker, which is basically a useless program. The only good thing is that the .wmv format is pretty efficient – small files with high quality. Check it out yourself!